sexual sins 1/10/24
Dini, yes, sexual sins are different and worse in spiritual ways as well. We do not understand everything God means in 1 Cor 6, but we believe God that we should stay away from sexual sins. Yes, confession is simply talking to God. He is listening to you right now and He also reads your mind. But He wants to hear you speak from your heart. You can use Scripture itself as part of your prayers to God about sexual sins. I have put some examples below.
Read these Scriptures again and use them a a prayers:
**2 Corinthians 5:17--"Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" Lord, you say I am a new person in Christ. My old life is gone and my new life has begun. Thank you, Lord.
**1 John 1:9--"If we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness." Lord, thank you that when I confess to you, you are faithful and just to forgive all my sins and clean me again. Thank you, Lord.
** 1 Corinthians 10:13--"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure (without giving into sin)." Lord, you are telling me that I am just like other sinners and you give me a way of out of my sins when I am tempted. I do not have to continue in my sin, but I can turn away from them. Thank you, Lord.
**1 Corinthians 6:18--"So run away from sexual sin. It involves the body in a way that no other sin does. So if you commit sexual sin, you are sinning against your own body." Lord, help me run away from sexual sin because it is dangerous to me physically and spiritually. Thank you of your promise to help me. Thank you , Lord.