A Mere Prophet Can Say This?

 John 10:18 (NKJV) states: "

No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment I have received from My Father." It highlights Jesus's voluntary sacrifice, authority over his own life, and resurrection, confirming obedience to God.

Key Aspects of John 10:18:
  • Voluntary Sacrifice: Jesus emphasizes that his death is not forced by human authorities (like the Pharisees or Romans), but is a voluntary act
    .
  • Authority (Power): He declares he has the authority/power (
    exousia
    ) both to lay down his life (die) and to take it up again (resurrection).
  • Divine Command: This action is in direct obedience to a command he received from God the Father.
  • Context: This verse follows Jesus's "I am the Good Shepherd" discourse (John 10:11-18), where he distinguishes himself from, religious leaders who do not care for the sheep.
Key Interpretations:
  • Theology of the Cross: It establishes the crucifixion as a deliberate, proactive act of love rather than a tragic accident or defeat.
  • Divinity: The claim to have power to take his life back (resurrection) highlights his divine authority.
  • Unity with the Father: The act of sacrifice is perfectly aligned with the Father's will.

このブログの人気の投稿

Jesus is God Proven in only 1 Chapter

Tuhan Yesus bukan Muslim Beliau dibaptis