King James

James VI and I (1566–1625) was King of Scotland (as James VI) from 1567 and the first Stuart King of England and Ireland (as James I) from 1603, successfully uniting the crowns. Known for commissioning the King James Bible (Authorized Version), he was a scholar, art patron, and author who strongly believed in the "Divine Right of Kings".

Key Facts About King James:
  • Background:
     He was the son of Mary, Queen of Scots, and became King of Scotland at age one.
  • Union of the Crowns: He succeeded his cousin Elizabeth I to the English throne in 1603, bridging Scotland and England.
  • Achievements: Commissioned the Authorized King James Version of the Bible.
  • Conflict: Survived the 1605 Gunpowder Plot by Guy Fawkes.
  • Interests: Published works on witchcraft (Daemonologie), theology, and anti-smoking.
  • Reign: Ruled with a focus on peace, but faced financial issues and tension with Parliament.
His reign set the stage for the English Civil War due to conflicts with Parliament over his absolute power, ultimately paving the way for the later union of the kingdoms.

このブログの人気の投稿

Jesus is God Proven in only 1 Chapter

Tuhan Yesus bukan Muslim Beliau dibaptis