Jesus is Father is God

Jesus is identified as Yahweh (YHWH/Jehovah), the divine name for God in the Old Testament, through several direct claims, the use of "I AM" (), and the application of Old Testament passages about Yahweh to himself in the New Testament. Key examples include John 8:58, where Jesus says, "Before Abraham was, I am," and verses like Isaiah 42:8 and 48:16. 

The Think Institute

 +3

Direct Identification and "I AM" Statements

John 8:58: Jesus claims pre-existence and identifies himself with the divine name revealed to Moses ("I AM").

John 18:5-6: When Jesus says "I am he" () to the soldiers, they fall to the ground.

John 10:11, 8:12: Jesus applies divine roles (e.g., "The Shepherd", "The Light") to himself.

Mark 14:62: Jesus affirms he is the Son of Man who will be seen sitting at the right hand of Power. 

www.dustinlyon.org

 +2

Old Testament Passages Applied to Jesus

Hebrews 1:10-12: The author quotes Psalm 102:25-27, which describes Yahweh as the creator, and applies it directly to Jesus.

Philippians 2:10-11: Paul writes that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, citing Isaiah 45:23, where Yahweh states that to Him every knee will bow.

Luke 4:14-21: Jesus reads from Isaiah 61, identifying himself as the one anointed by Yahweh (Jehovah). 

Desiring God

 +4

Further Evidence

Matthew 28:19: Jesus places himself on equal footing with the Father and Holy Spirit in the baptismal formula.

John 20:28: Thomas declares to Jesus, "My Lord and my God". 

The Think Institute

 +2

These verses are often discussed in arguments regarding the trinity or Jesus's divinity, with in-depth analysis available on sites like CrossExamined and Desiring God. For a different perspective, some articles in The Think Institute also explore this. 

The Think Institute

 +4

If you'd like, I can:

Provide more context on the Greek versus Hebrew terms

Explain the historical context of the divine name

Explore counterarguments to this interpretation

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

このブログの人気の投稿

Jesus is God Proven in only 1 Chapter

Tuhan Yesus bukan Muslim Beliau dibaptis