Song
There is a Christian song where the chorus says,”I am who God says I am!” That is an important statement. If we have prayed wholeheartedly asking for forgiveness and accepting Jesus as our Savior, then we are who God says we are: loved, forgiven, accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6, that is Christ).
Live in that reality. There are times when we all feel like God couldn’t possibly have offered salvation to a person as selfish, greedy, immoral—fill in the blank— as we are. We haven’t been paying attention to the Bible, because that is exactly the offer he made. We need to put both feet squarely in that camp. Believing that we are accepted when we feel unworthy is called trust that God meant what he said and is faithful to his Word.A changed life is a powerful testimony to God’s power. Yielding to God’s desire to make you more like Jesus will make people curious and give you the opportunity to share your faith. Focus on the true, good, and beautiful in your life and see what God does with it.
By the way, I like Chris Tomlin, too.
Sunny