The Joy of the Lord
Hi Dini,
A Christian should be miserable? Hmmm, I missed that Bible verse. Nehemiah said in 8:10, The joy of the Lord is my strength. Jesus said in John 17:13 But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. What does joy mean? It is not happiness for there is plenty in the world to prevent constant happiness. It is deeper than that. It is the knowledge that the one and only true God loves you, has forgiven you, and will bring you to his eternal home. Nothing can change that.
We all have made mistakes. Some of us horrible mistakes, some not so bad; but Paul says we all have missed the mark. Here is what he tells us to do. “Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead…” Look toward a better future as you know God better and trust him more.
Yes, be generous, but not foolish. There is someone close to me who needs money, but I will not give him any because he would use it to destroy himself with drugs and alcohol. Letting someone take advantage of you does not make you holy, only dumb. Be generous and wise. Sometimes we have to say no.
You are growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord and it makes me happy.
Sunny