What Have I Done
“What have I done with Jesus in my life, what have I done with my faith,, what have I done for him? Nothing.” Once we see our honest relationship with God we are in a position to do something about it.
When we see that our money, our good deeds do not impress Good—he has more wealth than we can imagine and more fame for miraculous deeds than we can even dream about, we are in the proper place to begin a meaningful relationship with God. We start with guilt and shame, but he will cleanse us from sin through forgiveness and restoration. We turn from that failed life to a life of obedience. Just read the Bible and do what it says. Sound easy? Well, it isn’t. It is the right path, but the road is difficult. Temptation to return to our former life distracts us. Inexperience and ignorance can cause us to make foolish choices, but the reality is that if we want to go with Jesus, he will help us. No heroic actions required. God will forgive you of all your sins, even the dumb stuff you haven’t thought of yet, if you are willing to turn from them and follow Jesus.