スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Before Abraham was Born I AM


"Before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58) is one of Jesus' most profound declarations of divinity. By stating he existed before Abraham and using the eternal phrasing "I AM," Jesus was intentionally identifying himself with the God of the Old Testament. [1, 2]

Context of the Statement
The Exchange: Jesus was speaking to a crowd of religious leaders, explaining that Abraham rejoiced to see his day.
The Confusion: The crowd was baffled, pointing out that Jesus was not yet fifty years old and could not possibly have known Abraham, who lived roughly 2,000 years prior.
The Climax: In response, Jesus declared, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Significance of "I AM"
The Divine Name: The phrase directly echoes Exodus 3:14, where God reveals himself to Moses at the burning bush by the name "I AM WHO I AM" (Yahweh).
Eternal Existence: Instead of saying "before Abraham was, I was" (which would simply mean Jesus existed earlier), he used the present tense "I am," signifying an eternal, timeless existence.
The Crowd's Reaction: The crowd immediately understood this as a claim to be God. Because they viewed this as blasphemy, they picked up stones to execute him, but Jesus slipped away. [1, 2, 3, 4]
Why It Matters
This statement underscores the Christian belief in the pre-existence and deity of Jesus Christ, asserting that he is not merely a human prophet, but the eternal Son of God existing outside the constraints of time. [1, 2]
To read the full passage and explore varying perspectives on its theological implications, you can check out the passage on Bible Gateway or read an in-depth breakdown of the scripture's meaning on GotQuestions.org. [1, 2]

John 3:16 God loves you

Father God Jesus Holy Spirit 

2028end.com

Godlife.com

10lovecommandments.com


このブログの人気の投稿

Jesus is God Proven in only 1 Chapter

Tuhan Yesus bukan Muslim Beliau dibaptis