Who God Is
I appreciate your comments. I think they accurately reflect the ebb and flow to our lives and the ups and downs in our faith. Sometimes we are confident. Sometimes discouraged. The beautiful thing is that God knows our hearts through all of life and understands us as no human can. He does not demand perfection, he requires faith in who he is and what he can do. He is the God of the second chance, the third chance, and so on. When we are willing to obey, he is there to help us.
A thought, an epiphany you might say, occurred to me the other day. 1John 4:18 says, There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. I had thought that we had to manufacture perfect love for us to be done with fear. Good luck with that idea. We’ll never get to perfect love. No. It is God’s perfect love and our trust in it that drives out fea r.