a Poem - I am the servant of Marduk
I am the servant of Marduk but what is that to you? You say that you follow Elohim, but you were a Babylonian too. I want to tell my tale from the netherworld below where atheist and pagans, yet also Christians go please lend an ear while I utter my tale for I fear it’s not unique.
For many with me serve Marduk while proclaiming. It’s Jesus they seek. I was raised Christian and brought up in church. My father was Berean and taught me to search to study the scriptures and receive it as true. The eternal word brings life to me and to you. by memory. I knew I was saved by grace so I allowed sin to occupy some space. It was clear to me. I wasn’t seed on the road that’s a dreadful sign so I grew deep roots were the word looks sweet, and I felt that I was fine. The preacher preached how the devil would read, but the saved of God could never fall so I received the lecture of a man could never measure up yet still with his burden stand tall needless to say, I found my way,
again my fellows confirm my salvation, and I knew that I was God‘s prize for all I did was for his pleasure and I knew I was good in his eyes. As my body transformed with age. I never stopped bearing a lamp, but one evening something transpired as night fell on my camp my light flickered low or wasn’t there at all I could not look away I had no way to stall, so I inquired of a stranger if he would lend me some oil, he said he could not do it, and his answer made me boil. I cannot give you any of mine. At least I run out as well rather go and buy oil from those who lived to sell, I couldn’t understand this. Shouldn’t it be free? I didn’t know where to go. I had no light to see
again. My fellows confirm my salvation and I knew I was God‘s prize for all I did was for his pleasure. I knew I was good in his eyes when I turned 50 I had a dream I dreamt. I was the servant of Marduk. I served him in Babylon and I knew my wealth had not at all. Been luck Marduk gave me peace, safety, and mammon. I was full of this food, but my life was in famine when I woke. I just knew the true God had found me out. I only had one option. Only one that made me look devout. I used deception and flattery to mislead seeker and all the rest I’d tell them to serve God and give him less is best
again my fellows confirmed my salvation, and I knew I was God‘s prize. I was a shrewd servant, even clever in my God‘s eyes, but I just knew as I saw his children open their heart that I wasn’t like them I had mutated from the start. I hated the humble and rebuked the poor, but I asked the Lord for more and more. I came to fully feel justified in all my hate yet 10% said I was still God’s and I’m not too too Late He displayed patience generosity in love but I still disagree because there should be at least 90% more from him for me by 89 I truly had experienced at all. I had seen God‘s provision to great and the small I lived for God and despise that wicked Marduk I felt distinguished from those dirty men stuck in that muck at a ripeled age full of years in my final hour, I felt bold and a peace within to empower, and
again my fellows confirm my salvation, and I knew that I was God’s prize for all my years were for him, and I knew I would be accepted by his gracious eyes. I walked through the gates of glory sure as sure could be eager to view that Christ who died for you and me I saw others in white robes but mine were filthy from below, but to this I had no worry since Calvary carried it long ago as I looked to the end of the room far off, I saw the king he rose and appeared my way, so shouldn’t my heart sing. He gave a word that shook my core as he pierced the silence and sharpness so he said, bind him hand and foot and cast him into outer darkness.
My fellows couldn’t comfort this time here and I knew, though I was God‘s prize I had rejected him all through throughout my life. It was his hope that I would be his prize, but now I realize I rejected to look into his eyes so now I warn you, I am nothing but the servant of Marduk but you, Babylonian do you think you’ll have better luck?